15th Annual

MARCH 18th, 2017

ADMISSION $8 FOR ADULTS

$4 FOR CHILDREN 6 TO 12

* 5 & UNDER FREE

 

WATCH FOR UPCOMING UPDATES!

LOVE TO COOK?
COME PARTICIPATE IN OUR
15TH ANNUAL FUN RAISER!

PRESENTED BY


WILD HOG AWARDS designed by Esther Benedict

The Kronkosky Library of Bandera County cordially invites you to participate in a Barbeque & Pork Rib Cook-Off to be held on March 18, 2017 in Bandera. This cook-off is a featured fundraising event of the 15th Annual Wild Hog Explosion. Join us for a fun filled week-end filled with squeals and spills at the Wild Hog Catch (that’s right, we actually chase, and catch wild hogs!), arts and crafts, and of course, the sanctioned Lone Star Barbeque Society Cook-off!

Join us for CASH PRIZES in each cooking category. Trophies and some mighty strong braggin’ rights will be awarded too! Best Bloody Mary, and Best Margarita AWESOME TROPHIES will be awarded!.

The following competitions will be held: FRIDAY NIGHT COMPETITIONS

FRIDAY NIGHT PIG FEST COMPETITIONS INCLUDE:

HERE PIGGY PIGGY PORK CHOP COMPETITION

MEDINA APPLE DESSERT

MY FAVORITE COCKTAIL

SATURDAY COMPETITIONS INCLUDE

 

BEST BLOODY MARY * BEST BEANS *

* BEST CHICKEN * BEST PORK RIBS * BEST BRISKET * BEST PORK BUTT

 

Judging will follow all Lone Star BBQ Society sanctioned rules (see Rules of Competition).

Come on out to Bandera for a good cause and lots of fun. Great Trophies you can really brag about! Best of all, your total entry fee and supplies are tax deductible contributions to the Kronkosky Library of Bandera County.

We look forward to your participation!


2017

LSBS Wild Hog Cook-Off Agenda

RULES, TIMES, AND CATAGORIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR 2017.

 

COOK-OFF AGENDA FRIDAY MARCH 17TH

Noon

Gates open for early birds arrival

HERE PIGGY PIGGY PORK CHOP COMPETITION

MEDINA APPLE DESSERT COMPETITION

MY FAVORITE COCKTAIL COMPETITION

All entries turned at 7:30 for Friday Night Competition

Friday night visting and Nibblers welcome

5:30 p.m.

Meat will be randomly insprcted.

6:00 p.m.

Cooking starts for Saturday’s competition

COOK-OFF AGENDA SATURDAY MARCH 18TH

6:30 a.m.

Gates open

FYI-  This is a fundraiser for the Kronkosky Library of Bandera County.  All entry fees will be collected and the Library will receive one 25% of the fees.  The remaining 75% will be paid out to the winners depending on the number of cook teams entered.  Special Trophies, designed by Ester Benedict will be awarded in all categories for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.  Only one trophy will be given for Bloody Marys and People’s Choice. 

The team with overall best scores will win the coveted Master Chef’s Trophy 

8:00 a.m.

MANDATORY COOK'S MEETING

10:00 a.m.

 

 

Turn In entries for Bloody Mary Competition

11:00 a.m.

 

Turn in Bean entries for competition.

Sanctioned event. Each team will be given a 16 oz container to present beans to judges.

Beans may be soaked over night.

No ingredients in the beans can be bigger than the bean!

Award will only be given to Grand Champion Beans.

Three places to be paid depending on number of entries

12:00 pm

Turn in Chicken for competition. Each entry will be given a clam shell container to put competition meat in. Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

1:00 pm

Pork-Rib Competition Begins. Each team will be given a Clam shell container to present competition meat to judges. Cash awards and trophy will be given for 1st Place, 2nd, and 3rd Place.

2:00 pm

________

3:00p.m.

Pulled Pork/Pork Butt. Each team will be given a Clam Shell container to present competition meat to judges. Cash awards and trophy will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. _________________________________________________________________________________

Best Brisket. Each team will be given a Clam Shell container to present comeptition meat to judges. Cash awards and trophy will be given for 1st Place, 2nd and 3rd Place.

5:00 p.m.

Awards

Additional awards will include : Master Chef, Team with the Most Points

People's Choice Award (Team that raises the most $)

*20 entries or more will pay 2 places*

 

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS WORTHY CAUSE. YOUR ENTRY IS A TAX DEDUCTIBLE CONTRIBUTION TO THE KRONKOSKY LIBRARY of BANDERA COUNTY.

 

Call 830-796-4447 or

email: coordinator@wildhogexplosion.com

for more Info!

Site & Hosting provided by Indian Creek Internet Services, Inc.